Hilopites are small, square egg noodles and every Greek family and Greek restaurant has a different recipe for hilopites with some type of meat (beef, lamb, or chicken). If you can find Greek cheese (kefalotiri or mizithra), use grated over the top of your finished masterpiece, if not parmesan will work just as well.
Hilopites with Mince
- 1 pkt
Olympian Egg Noodles Medium
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 Clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 250 g Minced beef
- 2 Tomatoes pureed (or tomato sauce)
- 1 tbsp Tomato paste
- 2 tsp Parsley, chopped
- 1 pinch Salt and pepper
- Fry onion and garlic in oil until light brown.
- Add meat fry lightly, add tomato paste, salt, pepper and parsley. Simmer mince sauce for 30 minutes.
- Boil 1 litre of water adding one teaspoon of oil and pinch of salt. Stir in Egg Noodles and cook for 8-10 minutes, strain noodles.
- Pour sauce over Egg Noodles, sprinkle with grated feta cheese. Serve.