Karidopita (kah-ree-THOH-pee-tah) is a moist walnut cake that is flavoured with cinnamon and bathed in sweet syrup. The traditional recipe calls for breadcrumbs, a whopping 250g of butter and quite a bit of sugar…Yes, It’s quite decadent, but as a lover of all things cinnamon it definitely has my stamp of approval! My version here is made with Olympian Self Raising Flour and is a little more pleasing to your waistline but just as delicious.
Olympian Self Raising Flour
- 6 Eggs
- 1 tsp
Olympian Vanilla Powder
- 1 tsp
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Canola oil
- 1 cup Chopped Walnuts
- Combine eggs, oil, sugar, walnuts and vanilla powder, gradually add flour.
- Beat for approximately 4 minutes.
- Grease pan and pour mixture into pan.
- Bake in oven for approximately 30 minutes at 180 C
- Whilst baking prepare syrup and add mixed ingredients in saucepan. Boil until liquid thickens. Let the syrup cool.
- Once cake is baked remove from the oven and pour the syrup over the cake.
- Serve with favourite ice cream or cream.