A hearty and satisfying soup with the unmistakable flavour of sweet Trahana – a fine grain pasta made from semolina and milk. Packed with hearty potatoes, sweet celery, and juicy chunks of veal isn’t just nutritious…it’s delicious and pretty much the ultimate comfort food. So, get ready to enjoy this most savoury of soups!
Trahanas Vegetable Soup with Veal
- 1 cup
Olympian Sweet Trahana
- 2 Ltr Water
- 600 g Veal with bones
- 3 Carrots
- 1-2 Celery sticks
- 1 Large tomato
- 2-3 Medium onions, chopped
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1-2 Potatoes, cut in 2 pieces
- 1 tsp Thyme
- Sea salt and pepper
- Place the veal in a large saucepan or a pressure cooker and add 2 litre of cold water.
- Bring to boil until some beige foam forming on top.
- Remove foam and add all vegetables, herbs and seasoning.
- Simmer for an hour or so (pressure cooker have exact cooking time for veal etc.) and remove the veal and vegetables from the saucepan.
- Cut veal and vegetables into chunks, removing any bones and put them back to the soup.
- Add half a cup of Trahana.
- Cook for a further 15 minutes. Stirring occasionally.