This ridiculously delicious Olive Oil Dip recipe is a total flavour bomb and is an easy appetizer to whip up on short notice!! My family love it and it’s a must have with a glass of red when friends pop over. Just serve hunks of bread around little ramekins of this toasted garlic oil and watch it disappear!
Olive Oil Dip
- 6-8 Cloves fresh garlic
- 1 tbsp Extra light oil (for frying)
- 1/2 tsp Dried oregano
- 2 tsp Chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tsp Chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup Respect extra-virgin olive oil, plus more as needed
- 1 pinch Sea salt, if you have it try truffle salt
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 Large crusty baguette
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium low and drop in the unpeeled garlic. Simmer the garlic in the water for 10 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to remove and transfer the garlic to a cutting board.
- Once safe to handle, peel and finely mince the garlic.
- Place the tablespoon of oil into a small 8-inch stainless skillet and heat over medium to medium high. Once hot, add the garlic and cook until golden, stirring often.
- Transfer garlic to a paper towel lined plate.
- Divide the herbs, garlic and olive oil among a few bread dipping saucers and sprinkle with salt (truffle salt if you have it) and pepper.
- Drizzle extra virgin olive oil over top of the garlic and seasoning.
- Serve with a loaf of crusty bread.