Here’s a simple and easy recipe for marinated feta cheese. It’s perfect to serve as a tapas dish or a finger food appetizer, or a great way to add interest to a salad. Marinated in Respect extra virgin olive oil, lemon and herbs, dried red peppers, peppercorns and garlic for an added punch of flavour. Marinated Feta can also be served with grilled meats and vegetables and you can use the leftover oil to dress vegetables, meats, salads, as a marinade, or as a bread dip.
- Omiros Feta cheese cut into 24 cubes
- 1/2 cup Respect extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Lemon (using zest only)
- Fresh rosemary sprigs (or basil, marjoram, oregano)
- Fresh thyme sprigs (or lemon thyme)
- 1 pinch Cracked black pepper corns
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1 pinch Dried red peppers
- 2 Bay leaves
- Wash and dry the herbs, then gently bruise them, rubbing and pushing into them with the back of a spoon or tapping with the back of a chef's knife. Go easy!!
- Zest the lemon with a zester or a grater and cube the cheese, cutting it into 24 pieces.
- If marinating overnight, place the ingredients into a zip-bag or a covered bowl. Leave on the counter overnight, gently stirring with a spoon or turning the bag a few times to distribute the ingredients.
- If storing in the refrigerator for later or making for a gift, layer the ingredients in the jar in a pleasing way so that they are visible from the outside.
- Pour in enough olive oil to completely cover the ingredients. Marinate in the fridge for up to two months.
- OR Serve as an appetizer or with grilled meats and vegetables.
- You can also use leftover oil to dress vegetables, meats, salads, as a marinade, or as a bread dip.